Saturday 7 July 2012

Driving...


There are many ways disabled people can drive. Obviously standard foot pedals are out of the question so specially adapted cars have to be manufactured to allow for hand controls. Also, the cars have to be made accessible so the wheelchair can enter and take the place at the front. It is common nowadays for wheelchair users to drive and there are many companies which adapt vehicles.

Part of me is desperate to drive because it will help me become independent and less reliant on others but at the same time, I’m always crashing my electric wheelchair so I am nervous. Perhaps, when I am in top condition, I should attend a driving centre to get a feel before completely dismissing it. Most of my friends drive so I don’t really want to be the odd one out and miss the fun.

A car would be another adventure I could add to my list.

Bye for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment