Monday 23 July 2012

One hell of a ride...


As you may have noticed, I haven’t blogged for a while. It’s not just because I am a lazy teenager but I have had an immensely stressful time of it lately. My recovery has been brilliant since coming out of Stanmore on the 4th. I was starting to feel myself again, especially when the nurse removed the stitches last Monday.

But, on Tuesday morning while in the shower, I leant forward a few centre metres and heard what I can only describe as a ‘ping’. This was soon followed by excruciating pain in my lower back. I went to bed for the rest of the day to see if the pain may disappear but it didn’t. So, at 5pm, my mum took me to Watford A + E where we waited 6 hours for an X ray. The orthopaedic team at Watford looked at the scan and told me that there was no breakage. So, at 1:15 in the morning, I was sent home. Perhaps, I heard the rod clicking against a bone and the pain was psychological because I was anxious.

The next day, Stanmore phoned to say that they had seen the X ray and the screw had actually snapped/come loose and this was the cause of my discomfort. However, the surgeon was on holiday so no plan of action could be made yet. Obviously, this wasn’t great news but I knew that something had happened on that Tuesday morning.

The fun and games didn’t stop there. I was violently ill Wednesday night and this continued all day Thursday. Eventually, my family called for an ambulance in the early hours of Friday morning because I was dehydrated. An ambulance is certainly an experience. I was back at Watford but this time, I didn’t have to wait. I was hooked up to a drip and immediately started to feel better. I was then moved to a ward and told I would have an MRI scan soon. However, at 6pm, the doctor came and told us that due to incorrect software/people to read it, I would have to wait over the weekend. I knew from experience that nothing happens in hospital at the weekend so it was pointless for me to stay. Seems as I was back eating and drinking, I discharged myself so I could return home.

I feel a lot better now but still have recurring pain so will surely have to undergo yet another op but I’m not sure when.

I just love hospitals. I can’t get enough.

Bye for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment