Tuesday 21 August 2012

Sky's the limit 2...


Small ants on a green carpet. That is what everyone looked like as the plane went higher. In hindsight, it was a stunning view. The blue sky meant I could see for miles over the pleasant English countryside but my nerves meant that I couldn’t enjoy the scene. My instructor informed me that we were now 10 000 feet up and it was jump time. I weren’t even sure if I was securely attached to him but for some reason, I couldn’t speak. It turns out I was because I’m here to tell the tale.

The freefall from the plane until the parachute opened only lasted 30 seconds but it felt like forever. I thought I was dying as the wind pushed against me and I struggled to breathe. But that is only part of it. The feeling of falling through the sky is truly indescribable as words would not do it justice. When the ‘chute opened, I could relax and take in the sights as we floated to the ground.

When I think back to sitting on the edge of that plane, I honestly don’t know how I done it. But I don’t regret it. In fact, I’d recommend Skydiving to anyone, young or old. It’s a once in a lifetime experience that should be on everyone’s bucket list.

Also, I raised £4, 500 for Great Ormand Street Hospital so thank you to all who donated to this wonderful charity.

Bye for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment