Sunday 11 November 2012

Stop in the name of the law!


For those of you that are not aware, Thursday is your chance to have a say in the way the police are run. The newly created post of Police Crime Commissioner has been already condemned by many who believe that this American-style system will not work. But, in my opinion, any change to the management of police forces across the country is a good thing and people should be less narrow minded. However, I know that people are not interested in this subject and don’t plan on voting but I urge for a change of heart.

Whether you agree with PCC’s or not, I feel strongly that everyone who is entitled to vote should take time out of their busy schedules to vote. I am even coming back home on Thursday to make sure I don’t miss out. There are millions of humans around the world who wish they had democratic rights so you shouldn’t abandon yours. It’s no good saying that “voting makes no difference” because obviously it won’t if everyone thinks like you. Also, what gives you the right to complain if you don’t bother to take part in elections?

Hopefully I’ve made my point clear and people will go to the Polling Stations on Thursday. If you don’t have a clue who to vote for, Google PCC. I did and had made a decision within 5 minutes. 

Don’t let me down on Thursday.

Bye for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment