Monday 29 April 2013

Not to be...


This morning was the draw I had been anticipating for a good couple of months. The wait to discover if I had been successful in the Big Blog Exchange was over. I could finally find out if I was to be 1 of the 16 chosen writers who would exchange lives with another blogger for 10 days in June. As you can guess from the title, unfortunately I did not make the final cut. Now it has sunk in, I have to be honest and say that I am gutted at the outcome, particularly after going on about it so much. I would like to take the time and once again thank everyone who voted for me.

I may not have won but the whole experience has been brilliant for me to develop the blog. Firstly, I have had an influx of new readers visiting the site and enjoying the posts (which has always been the aim because more become educated). Secondly, I have met a few fellow bloggers and have learned a lot by reading their pieces. Thirdly, I have been overwhelmed by the response, which not only shows that people do engage with what they read but listen to me and absorb most of what I say. This reassures me that what I am doing is correct and gives me the confidence to continue to spread the word of ‘Wheelchair Boy’.

After the all clear from the hospital on Friday, I am determined to go abroad a few times now that I don’t have to worry about a potential operation ruining my summer. I’m hoping for one family holiday in the sun so we can all relax and spend quality time together. I also want to go traveling, perhaps in Europe so I can explore and make people aware of disability. I’m still hanging onto that mission; only difference is I’ll have to fund the trip rather than having the costs covered.

Plus, there is always next year! Although I wouldn’t constantly pester for votes next time.

Bye for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment