Friday 3 May 2013

Taking it to the limit…

I’m not going to lie, yesterday was hard work but so worth it because I feel fresh and revitalised. I came out of the gym feeling exhausted, looking knackered (someone pointed that fact out) and sweating buckets. You might argue that considering it was my first session, I pushed myself too much. However, that’s just the way I am. I enjoy a challenge and like to be thrown in at the deep end (not literally because I can’t swim). I cannot simply go easy at first and work my way up because of my competitive nature. For example, I managed 2km in 12 minutes with my first attempt but I’d like to beat that today.

There are people who lack motivation when it comes to exercise or run out of steam. That will not be me. I want to do it for myself but I’d also like to inspire others because if ‘Wheelchair Boy’ can do it, anyone can. Once I set a target, I have to stick to it. All the hilarious comedians out there will laugh at that comment and say ‘University shows that you don’t see things through’. To be fair, I didn’t state I would finish Uni, that was only implied. I did state that I would do the London Marathon and that’s why I will be spending a lot of time at the gym.

With the marathon, I’ve been thinking a lot more about it. Next year is definitely out of the question because the ballot is closed and the wheelchair problem might take longer than expected. I may benefit from getting a custom built one powered by a hand cycle because the course will take ages in a normal manual wheelchair. So, 2015 is the aim now. Just need a charity to race for and think about how to raise funds for a chair.

I’m off for round 2 and to do this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCadcBR95oU

Bye for now!


No comments:

Post a Comment