Wednesday 4 September 2013

Time…


People think that since leaving University, my days consist of sitting around and doing nothing. That is 100% wrong. The reason I feel like clarifying this is because the life I lead at the moment seems to be unsatisfactory. When someone asks, “what are you doing?” I can see that just blogging alone is not good enough and I have to exaggerate about my writing exploits a bit. The truth is a post can take up to a couple of hours and before I realise, the day is over. If you add the gym, I don’t get a lot of spare time. I know I shouldn’t care what others think but Friedreich’s Ataxia is getting worse and I feel so helpless/pathetic.

I’m not moaning nor am I looking for sympathy (those who read the blog regularly will be aware that ‘Wheelchair Boy’ never feels sorry for himself), I just want to let people know that it is simply impossible for me to do everything at once. I can’t even do this blog everyday because I get so tired. Let alone fill other writing commitments. I can only write when my brain is working and some days (like yesterday) it doesn’t.

Nowadays (I sound like an old man reminiscing about life), just going out can leave me exhausted and not capable to do anything else when I get home. It’s quite embarrassing but a fact of life I have to get used to unless they discover a cure. Compared to an able bodied 19 year old, people are right to think that I do nothing but I haven’t chosen this life. It may seem as if I chose to leave University because I’m lazy but in reality, my body forced me to make that decision.

On a lighter note, please read about why I still am ecstatic about what’s been happening with my beloved Arsenal over the past few days: http://fansviewpoint.com/deadline-day/. It’s good to know that the time (almost 3 hours) and effort I put into writing the post earlier today won’t be a total waste. People will be expecting an essay considering the time it took but the fact it took 2.75 hours to write a 500 word piece illustrates my point.

Bye for now!

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear you haven't been feeling well lately! I love reading your blogs and updates. (And I know just the teensiest bit about soccer because my boyfriend follows Arsenal pretty closely.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh, don't worry. I'm sure you know how it gets sometimes. Anyway, good to see your bf has superb taste in women and football (soccer)

    ReplyDelete