Thursday 13 February 2014

Lifestyle choice…

I was watching an old episode of Family Guy (Season 5, Episode 14: No Meals on Wheels) the other night like I always do. I was actually quite surprised that I had not seen it before. I find the show hysterical because like most comedy, it reflects reality. You should probably watch the particular part that had me in fits of giggles but also got me thinking before I continue: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=joxoSfGWGxM

The reason this clip caught my imagination was it confirms what I have said in previous posts. There are people out there (probably Ian Duncan Smith and co.) who see the disabled as a drain on society, who take in the form of benefits but don’t give back. Like Peter Griffin suggests, there seems to be a thought amongst some that being in a wheelchair full-time is a pathway that I have chosen. This seems like a funny and ridiculous idea but unfortunately, it’s true.

Anyway, I just thought I’d share that clip with you because it confirms that people who feel disability is an immoral lifestyle choice are complete idiots, just like Peter.

By the way, I hope you all like what I’ve done with the place. I worry the blog might become a bit boring a stale so decided to redecorate. Change is good.


Bye for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment