I also am aware that many people are completely turned off by politics and say whoever you vote for, nothing changes! Although I have always believed failing to vote means you cannot moan about pretty much anything in life (I still hold that opinion), those who are disillusioned had a point up until this General Election. The same posh, rich, out of touch robots with right wing ideologies have been running this country and the only noticeable distinction has been the colour of their ties; from Thatcher to Blair to May. Westminster has been working for the few for 38 years too long and the people need to take back control!
Jeremy Corbyn is very different to those who have gone before. He is the reason that I joined the Labour Party and have been very active in the lead up to this election. JC is the man who, upon being elected as Prime Minister, would place the power firmly back in ordinary people's hands... Don't believe me? Then please read the fully costed (unlike the Tories) Labour manifesto here http://www.labour.org.uk/index.php/manifesto2017 which contains policies FOR THE MANY such as:
- Maintaining the Triple Lock on state pensions which means pensions will increase in line with wages and inflation.
- Bringing back public ownership of the railways, Royal Mail and energy industries.
- Introducing a National Living Wage of £10 an hour.
- Providing FREE tuition fees for all those attending University.
- Scrapping zero-hour contracts which is one of the ways workers rights would be bolstered.
- Giving 30 hours a week of free childcare for all children aged between 2 and 4 so parents can go back to work without worrying about additional costs.
- Creating a National Investment Bank so that money is spent on infrastructure in run down areas throughout the country.
- Putting 10,000 extra police officers on our streets.
- Increasing the Carers Allowance so that the most forgotten people in Britain are no longer disregarded.
- Committing £6 Billion to the NHS so that 1 million people are taken off waiting lists and access to treatment will be guaranteed within 18 weeks. Additional to this access to A&E treatment will be guaranteed within 4 hours.
At the moment, Theresa May cuts the taxes for her wealthy friends who own large businesses and even turns a blind eye to corporations avoiding tax offshore. Jeremy Corbyn on the other hand has said that he will raise corporation tax to 26% instead of lowering it to 17% as the Tories want. He has also said that his government would clamp down on tax avoidance, using the example of an American coffee company (I refuse to give them advertisement) who will no longer be able to channel their profits through small countries such as Luxembourg and must pay tax on products sold in the UK.
I personally cannot see why people have an issue with taking some money off those who can afford it in order to pay for vital services such as the NHS, Education and Security. That is why I feel this is the most critical General Election ever . For once, there is a very clear choice that the British public have to make. You can either continue putting money and the interest of the most wealthy above lives or you can choose a brighter future where people are put first and no-one is left behind.
On June 8th, I beg you to stop these barbaric Tory cuts and save our country from 5 more years of misery and pain. The only way you can do this is by voting in a majority Labour government who cares FOR THE MANY, not the few.
Bye for now!